Aids & adaptations

Right to Repair

The Association receives funding each year from the Scottish Government to undertake Medical Adaptations via a referral from an Occupational Therapist. 

If you feel that your home is no longer meeting your needs and you require extra assistance, you can contact East Dunbartonshire Council Social Work Department and arrange for an Occupational Therapist to come to your home and carry out an assessment of what equipment or adaptations you may require. This may include the following adaptations: -

  • Removing a bath and installing a wet floor shower
  • Installing a ramp
  • Installing additional bannisters and external handrails


If the Occupational Therapist assess that adaptations are required which are to be completed by the Association, they will send a referral to us requesting that the be carried out. We will then contact you to discuss the referral.

The contact details for East Dunbartonshire Council Social Work Department is: -

Kirkintilloch Health and Care Centre
10 Saramango Street


G66 3BF

Phone: 0141 355 2200


For further information relating to East Dunbartonshire Council Community Occupational Therapy Service please visit the section on the East Dunbartonshire Council website - or click Here